Why is the steering wandering to one side?
A vehicle’s proneness to drift from one side to the other side of the road is known as wander.
- The possible causes of steering wandering are:
- Incorrect tire pressure or mismatched tires.
- Linkage binding or inadequate lubrication are two possible causes.
- Binding or insufficient lubrication of the steering gear.
- Excessive wheel toe-out is a probable cause.
- Looseness in the steering gear or linkage is a likely cause.
- Chassis/suspension difficulties, notably loose ball joints or leaf springs, are a probable cause.
- Uneven load in the vehicle is a potential cause.